A great tip for anyone who potentially owes additional tax!

If you’re employed and self-employed with additional tax to pay then consider filing your tax return by the 30 December each year and be eligible to have any tax owe ‘coded out’ provided that certain limits are fulfilled.

This means that instead of demanding a lump sum payment at the end of January each year, HMRC will include the tax due in your next PAYE coding notice and collect it gradually via your paid employment in the next tax year.